Monday, January 25, 2010

Are you Chino or Latino?

Let me see.... what should I post for this week? I've got a Vietnamese restaurant on Eat street; Colombian hole-in-the-wall on Nicollet; Burger Jones; and the all time favorite Chino Latino... mmm...

Chino Latino First: as a dedication to my friend's birthday!






isn't it just sweet? With the menu Happy Birthday dedication, and the birthday cake surprise. Awwwww!

We ordered mainly off the "something to share" menu:

Lazy Chino's Mushi-Buro Beef

Lamma Island Salty Squid, Bulgogi Lettuce Cup, Bang Bang Firecracker Wings, and one more Nacho with scallops dish that I can't remember....

But they are all pretty good, very interesting menu of course. It's never dull at Chino Latino, especially after 2-3 drinks... and the Banzai head-banner shots. Now that's something...



I have always liked Chino Latino. It's fun, it's hip, it's chic. You can always meet fun people here, or get together with a group of friends that have very chic and hip taste. Things aren't cheap in here, and you don't always get the best food out of here. Somehow, people keep coming back. For the atmosphere, for the people, for the fun. I have to say they do put in quite a lot of effort branding and marketing this place. Not as the best Asian fusion restaurant, but simply the Hippest place in Uptown. To a point that Chino Latino, in my mind, transform the hippie Uptown to a upscale Uptown. But who am I to represent Uptown? I have only lived here for less than a year...

hmmm.... everybody is working hard on the shots....


And Si, Soy Chino.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sea Change definitely is meant for the expensive, high-class and sophisticated theater-going crowd."

Wow - we are honored to have such a high class reviewer. CRAVEing your next review.

© free template 3 columns