Thursday, March 5, 2009

Life is Bitter Sweet

Chocolate is bitter sweet. Or at least it should be bitter sweet. I'm not gonna elaborate on the history of how the spicy and bitter Coca, originally discovered 2000 years ago in some rain forests, turned into the then European confection to the now worldwide obsession. But chocolate is just as mysterious as life.


Life is bitter sweet. Chocolate is bitter sweet. So: Life = Chocolate?
Seems like this grade school math isn't working here. Or maybe it does applies.
I want to say I have been happy most of my life. I have a flawed but loving family, understanding step family and caring friends. My generation has lived through tough times: 1997 Asia economy crisis, Hong Kong returning to China, 9/11 attack, the first black president and now, another economy crisis in 2008. And all that only took 23 years of my life to happen. Life... so challenging, so flawed, so bitter-sweet. You always hear people complaining about life: how hard it is, how sucky it is, how boring it is. But you have this whole world of 7 billion people, living every moment of this sucky/boring life, and making the best out of it.

There were moments that I just wanted to give up. I don't want to try harder anymore, don't want to wait anymore, don't want to think, talk, remember anything anymore. Sometimes the happiness will outweigh the sadness and disappointment, but most of the time it didn't. The more I think, the more I want to give up and just leave this whole mess behind. But I'm still here. Still writing this blog about this person Bing and my feelings about food and love. And I'm still living. What a brave woman! (just need to give myself some credits here... :p )

Back to chocolate. Bing made this chocolate piece above for his LCB pastry class. His idea was "the galaxy", then I asked, "where's the astronaut? I thought Mars is different in size than the Earth? And Jupiter ?" Oh, sorry I just ruined the beautiful moment here... No astronaut... But see? all that beautiful white stars on the background? The falling ones too?

Would it be great if Life is just as easy as Chocolate?

0 Comments:

© free template 3 columns