Monday, February 9, 2009

My new beans diet

Waiting for the clock to hit 12am here in Central time or 7am Paris time to skype Bing and wake him up for another day at LCB, I realized I still haven't lost those weights I've gained over the Christmas break in Paris... And got me to think about going on a diet, a new type of diet.


As many of you may know, Asian diets base on beans significantly. Tofu, made from soy, a type of beans, is almost a must for every meal. At least my meal. I'm not just talking about Tofu itself, but all the soy-byproducts that Asian families would put on the table. Tofu skin, soy puffs, re-fried tofu sac, oh and who can forget soy milk!... (there are probably not the exact translation in English, but those soy byproducts resemble those nouns... to me at least) etc etc for just the soy bean by-products, let along all the other types of beans one could find out there. Green beans, red beans, yellow beans, black eyed peas, kidney beans (my favorite), snow peas, edamame (another favorite) blah blah blah... just to name a few.

I have watched a very interesting show on Discovery channel the other night. It was about the 18 years old genius kid. He's young, he has super IQ, and he is now (or then in the TV show) a phD student for computer science etc... So, the show interviews his parents, on their thoughts of having a genius child. He dad, an Indian, replies that he has always believed he could have a genius child. He knows he has the genes, and he has figured out the way to bring out those genes through child bearing. So, basically, he knows how to MAKE a genius kid. He converted his omnivore wife into vegetarian, and strictly monitored her diet containing a large variety of BEANS. He also encouraged her to practice Yoga under the moonlight, as a way to collect all the pure and clean energy from the moon. Well, it sounded like some major BS to me, but as I put more thoughts into it, it is starting to make some senses.


Beans are definitely healthy for you. Despite the gas and thus unwanted attention drawn to your growling stomach and the toxic smell around you that won't seem to diffuse out, beans are high in protein, iron, vitamins, fibers, potassium, folate etc etc, and low in cholesterol and fat. Studies has shown that it actually helps to reduce the risk of heart attack and other heart diseases. And now, proven or not, it helps to bear a genius child. (on top of you having some "genius" recessive genes...)


So, I'm on my quest to start a new bean diet. And I am now calling for recipes! For Bing to cook and for me to taste. But the deal is Bing is still in Paris!!! Oh well, I'll be starting my quest without him. In the meantime, I'll be researching on the health benefits of beans and some yummy bean recipes. Most importantly, all things called "diet" needs to have a goal, and the goal here in this new bean diet is to::::: Have a genius kid?! oh my...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, beans are good stuff...

Angela Yeung and Søren Madsen said...

hahaha!! kick kick bing bing! what a bing hater. it's okay, i'm on your side. most of the time. ;p

© free template 3 columns