Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Tech..tech...technologically challenged me...


So, what's up with all the Twitter? Can somebody please spare a moment of your busy life and help educate this hopelessly technologically challenged lady here?! What Is Twitter???
Oh man, I guess my Wiki search has given me a literate definition of Twitter:

"Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length which are displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them (known as followers) It is often described as the "SMS of Internet," in that the site provides the functionality (via its application programming interfaces) for other desktop and web-based applications to send and receive short text messages, often obscuring the Twitter service itself."



What Is Twitter??? SMS of the internet?? You gotta be kidding me? Are people getting so cheap these days that "unlimited text messaging" is no longer enough, and somebody has to invent those "SMS of the internet" thingy to satisfy the need/urgency of texting?!?
Can somebody maybe break down the Yes and No in using Twitter? I mean, how do I get the most out of this thing? Just constantly updating my Twitter with "man, I'm so hungry." , "dude, work sucks" or "my popcorn just got burnt in the microwave..." huh???

Clueless... And if you do want to "follow me" on Twitter, it shouldn't be hard to guess my username yea?

KISSKISSANGELA

Twitter me!!!

2 Comments:

kc_millie said...

I'm on the same boat as you. I don't understand twitter either and yet I still have one. Most likely, I will treat it like I did with facebook, hate it at first and then can't stay away. :D

Angela Yeung and Søren Madsen said...

sad... yet Twitter is the 3rd largest social network other than Facebk and Myspace...
I like how the Twitter logo matches my blog though... LOL

© free template 3 columns