Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Walk Down the Memory Lane




If and only if we never grew old, I would do college over and over again. Not so much with the school work, but the college life. The life which you are surrounded by nothing but fun, friends and joy. How could that end already?!?!

But then, when I was actually in school, I couldn't wait for it to be over. I worked a couple terms of co-op already, and I realized how nice it was to have money and time for yourself on the weekends. I was just so tired of working late nights and eating crap from the vending machines... Sigh* College, what a love-hate relationship...


But I was just super thrilled to be back in my beloved college town, Ann Arbor. So many memories, all happy ones. Driving down the streets (State St, South U, North U blah blah blah), looking at those college students rushing back and forth to classes, I just wanted to scream "I Love Michigan!!!". Of course, my 4-5 years of college education has civilized me to not act that childish and crazy. But, deep down in my heart, I was all screaming... maybe even crying with tears of joy... (Olivia would definitely agree with that... )

When it comes to the food in Ann Arbor, people will definitely go for the Zingerman's. They do have the best sandwiches, and nothing can beat a good rye bread with some good pastrami! But this time, instead of driving to Kerrytown on a rainy day, Olie and I went to the college-favorite vegetarian restaurant Seva.

I still remember how I decided to not eat meat during my last semester of school. I got the inspiration from a vegetarian friend I met during my co-op. Of course, that didn't last long. But I still managed to not eat meat for 3 months of that semester. It was then when I met Bing, who started cooking me chicken and I decided to eat meat again... LOL

@Seva: Soy sausage with pasta in garlic sauce
Soy burger with sweet potato fries.
Needless to say, it's all vegetarian and mostly soy produce. Believe it or not, soy sausages are actually very close to texture and taste to meat (if you have brainwashed yourself enough before eating it). Just don't think of them as vegetarian when you eat it, then you wouldn't notice. And if you still notice, just go get yourself a roast beef sandwich from the Potbelly's next door.

I LOVE MICHIGAN! I LOVE ANN ARBOR! I LOVE COLLEGE!

0 Comments:

© free template 3 columns