Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Uptown Art Fair

The Minneapolis Uptown Art Fair was probably 2 weekends ago. I meant to blog about it, but well, obviously I never made it till now.

This is what I like about Uptown. You have the typical hippy/hobo feel in a Yuppy town. I cannot imagine kids living in the Uptown area to be completely messed up, but when it comes to social life, they know what they are doing. Urban outfitters, Chino Latino restaurant, Uptown bars and, yes, Victoria Secret... I love my Uptown!

So, the Uptown Art Fair was held literally below my apartment. The entire fair stretches from the Mall area to the main street Hennepin. It was unfortunate that most of the street traffic was blocked, but well, I shouldn't complain. The show ranges from painting, photography, sculptures to jewelries and food. I never consider myself as an art person. I really am not. I like beautiful things, but I can't make them... There's a reason why I'm an engineer after all...

But among all the beautiful things I saw in the Art Fair, this booth really caught my eyes. I just feel it. You know, you feel like this is something meant for you. This is my style:
Picture of KissKiss candies. How could I not like that? All the colors, all the love messages, all the Kissesssssss....




Random dancing robots. I don't know why, I picked this one to complete my buy 2 for $40 deal. I thought about the duckies, but I picked this one instead... don't know...
The artist describe himself as someone who just paints the basic things in life. All he did was enlarge the insiginificant things and had you look at it differently. It's kind of deep, don't you think? I guess if you really just look at all the small and little things in life, enlarge them 10 times, you probably could see something that nobody has ever noticed. Cool...
I still haven't figured out where to hang these two pictures. Oh, I really love that Kiss one. Maybe I should get the Big print next time...


0 Comments:

© free template 3 columns