Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Persillesovs is Parsley Sauce

Don't ask me how to pronounce it. Persillesovs. Persillesovs. It's Parsley Sauce in Danish.
I know I love cooking Asian food. I love eating French cuisine. And yet, I have no idea what Danish cuisine consists of.

My first attempt on Danish food: Persillesovs. It's a sauce generally used on boiled potatoes. More commonly served with fried thick bacon, and called Stegt flæsk med persille sovs 
Another word I would not attempt to pronounce. Browsing through all the recipes and thinking of incorporating my day-to-day Rosemary Garlic Pork Loin with a little Danish infusion, I found this Persillesovs recipe to go with the boiled potatoes. Never know what do they eat anyway. Why not give it a try?


Persillesovs (Parsley Sauce)

2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tbsp salt (or to taste)
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped parsley

Melt butter in a sauce pot (look how cute my petite sauce pot is!! *cough, sorry. I got  a little carried away.).  Add in flour. Remove it from heat and stir in milk slowly. Stir constantly and keep adding milk till the desired consistency has reached. Add in salt to taste. Finally, add in the chopped parsley. Serve over hot boiled potatoes.

Sorry. It's that easy and uninteresting. After melting the butter and adding in the flour, I got a little confused. I had no idea what the "desired consistency" was supposed to be?! Flour and butter just clumped together, and it kept soaking in the milk! I finally transferred it to a small bowl to allow the mixture to cool off before adding in more milk, and it did reached a light creamy (almost like chowder soup) consistency.
This is not only a great sauce for simple potatoes, but also pairs pretty well with the roasted pork loin. Light parsley flavored creamy sauce over the rosemary garlic pork loin, it definitely was a pleasant surprise from the Danish.

0 Comments:

© free template 3 columns